Thank you To Our Cleveland Food Bank Volunteers
On Wednesday April 8th, members from the Community Outreach & Charity Committee and ACAR helped volunteered at the Greater Cleveland Food Bank. Duties included preparing snacks (which contained milk, an orange, and a piece of bread) for the elderly. Volunteers also prepared approx. 200 bologna and cheese sandwiches that were distributed the next day to school children in their after school backpacks. The after school backpacks are part of a program in which the Greater Cleveland Food Bank participates in.
“Third Meal” backpacks provided by the Cleveland Food Bank allows some school children to receive nutritional items they may not get at home. These backpacks are filled with a snack that contains food for a third type meal during the week, and are filled with more food items on the weekends.
The next scheduled volunteer day is on Wednesday, May 6th at the Akron-Canton Regional Food Bank from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
Please contact Jane Schubert at 216-525-4837 for additional information and to register.
On behalf of ACAR and the Community Outreach & Charity Committee a big THANK YOU for volunteering your time to help out in the community!
Cleveland Food Bank Volunteers
- Debra Branske – Third Federal Savings & Loan
- Kathy Gibbons – Third Federal Savings & Loan
- Melissa Cern – HSA Warranty
- Elizabeth Citro-Ries – HSA Warranty
- Marie Donofrio – Kingdom Title
- Tom Begam – Fifth Third Bank
- Mary Frances LaGanke – Howard Hanna
- Brian Thompson – Thompson Electric
- James Arnos – Berkshire Hathaway
- Mike Valerino, Jane Shubert, Elizabeth Shubert – ACAR