Introducing the new CABOR.com
We’re excited to introduce our beautiful, brand new website! The new CABOR.com will be a great benefit and resource for our members as well as the public.
This project has been a year in the making: Last April our Board of Directors listed a new website as the top priority in strategic planning. After interviewing and collecting proposals from a variety of developers, the web team at Meritech, Inc. was chosen to lead the project. CABOR staff conducted research and consulted with the design team to determine priorities. Two mockups were proposed and a sample group of members was surveyed to choose between them.
The main site is built on WordPress, a free and open source platform, which is also the most popular content management system (CMS) in use on the internet. The REALTOR® Essentials Store is hosted by BigCommerce, an e-commerce platform powering over 20,000 online stores.
The site isn’t 100% complete yet and we’ll be relying on you to give us feedback: tell us what works and what doesn’t, what’s hard to use or find. We’ll continue to make updates and improvements as we are able.
Here are some of the top features of the new CABOR.com:
- New branding and striking design (holy green!)
- A mobile website
- Social media integration on every page
- Simple, easy-to-use layout with dynamic smart menus
- Categorized news blogs
- Searchable REALTOR® and Service Provider directories with convenient vCard downloads.
- Online forms for new member applications, information change forms, event & C.E. registration, committee sign-up, scholarship applications, ethics complaints, arbitration requests, and more!
- An interactive calendar for C.E. classes, special events, and committee meetings
- Member login for direct access to dues and membership records
- A powerful online store with safe and secure transactions through Authorize.net
- Consumer resources and links including a comprehensive glossary for all those confusing real estate acronyms
What are you waiting for? Go explore! Take a look around and let us know what you think.