Industry, Legal & Legislative Update Seminar
The Ohio Association of REALTORS(R) (OAR) is hosting a legislative update at St. Michael’s Woodside Party Center (5025 East Mill Road) in Broadview Heights on June 19, 2013, from 1:00pm – 4:15pm. This course is certified for 3 hours of core law continuing education credit.
Hear the latest on Legislative Issues:
• How the Governor’s tax proposals will impact you and your clients.
• The top State and federal legislative issues you need to know about.
• How changes to Ohio’s commercial broker lien law will help you protect your commissions.
• How changes to Ohio’s municipal tax code will impact you.
License Law issues you need to know:
• Updates you need to make to your Brokerage Company Policy to comply with license law changes.
• When do you need the Residential Property Disclosure form? New exemption form and chart clarifies.
• Proposed ideas being considered to change Ohio’s Licensing Structure.
• Recent Division enforcement activity – Why agents and brokers are losing their licenses.
How recent rulings by the courts are defining the law on a variety of issues including:
• Whether an agent can represent 2 buyers on the same property.
• Broker’s supervisory duties under the license law.
• Whether brokers are always 100% liable for their agent’s conduct….even if the agent goes “rogue”!
The latest hot topics:
• Could you be involved in a money laundering scheme? Red flags to watch for!
• Are you protecting confidential information in your office? What you need to know to comply with the law and avoid liability!
CE CREDIT: This course is certified for 3 hours of core law continuing education credit.
PRESENTED BY: Peg Ritenour, J.D., VP – OAR Legal Services & Lorie Garland, J.D., Assistant VP – OAR Legal Services
Non-Member Registration Fee: $69
Member Registration Fee: $59Register Now