Call For Action: Tell the Senate to Get to Work for Future Homebuyers
NAR has launched a Call For Action to all REALTORS asking all 100 United States Senators to pass H.R. 3700, the Housing Opportunity through Modernization Act of 2016.
H.R. 3700 was passed by the U.S. House 427-0. Despite passing with NO OBJECTIONS, the U.S. Senate has not acted on H.R. 3700.
This legislation provides significant benefits to taxpayers, homebuyers and the real estate market by:
- Removing a burdensome and expensive FHA Condo approval process
- Reducing FHA restrictions on the number of condos available to homebuyers
- Permanently streamlining Rural Housing Service loan processing
More Information on NAR’s efforts to pass H.R. 3700:
- Letter Urging the Senate to Pass H.R. 3700
- NAR testified last year in support of H.R. 3700 before the U.S. House Financial Services Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance.
- House Passage Press Release