Dominion Refreshes Call Center on REALTOR Turn-On Process
In July 2011, ACAR worked with Dominion East Ohio to address the challenges REALTORS face with their standard four-hour appointment window and five-minute automated warning call for turn-ons. After taking time to thoroughly understand REALTOR concerns, Dominion created a Turn-On Process for REALTORS.
Recently, Dominion East Ohio’s Operations Manager reaffirmed the company’s commitment to the process, met with their teams and reviewed the process.
1. REALTORS should call the Dominion Call Center at 1-800-362-7557 to schedule a four-hour window/appointment for turn on requests
2. REALTORS should identify themselves as a REALTOR and that they need a call ahead.
3. On the day of the appointment, the Dominion field representative assigned to do the turn-on will personally call the REALTOR’S cell phone (listed on the work order). The rep will provide an estimated arrival time. Note: the Dominion field representative phone number may come up as “unknown.”
This process solves three issues: narrows the window, extends the lead time and most importantly allows for one-on-one communication between the REALTOR and the Dominion field rep. Should something unforeseen happen regarding arrival time, the rep can inform the REALTOR and vice-versa. You may consider assigning someone from your office to meet the Dominion representative at the premise so that work can be completed.
• Dominion field representatives could encounter an emergency call or an emergency situation at the prior appointment which may delay arrival. The delay would be communicated to the REALTOR via a cell phone call from the field rep.
• Delays—even if communicated—caused by the REALTOR may result in a cancelled appointment. The REALTOR will need to reschedule an appointment with Dominion by contacting the call center at 1-800-362-7557 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
• Do NOT save or reuse rep’s cell phone number.