BROADVIEW HEIGHTS, Ohio, Oct. 11, 2018 – At its annual meeting on Thursday, September 27, 2018, The Akron Cleveland Association of REALTORS® (ACAR) announced the results of its 2018 election. Five newly elected members will serve on the Board of Directors for terms beginning in 2019.
The Board of Directors is composed of a minimum of sixteen directors elected by the membership and is the governing body of the Akron Cleveland Association of REALTORS®. The board comprises 14 REALTOR Members, one affiliate member, and one Commercial/Industrial REALTOR. Directors serve for three years.
The following ACAR members have been elected to the Board of Directors:
- Janis Brenneman, Howard Hanna
- Michael Ferrante, Century21 Home Star Realty
- Felicia Hengle, Coldwell Banker Schmidt Family of Companies
- Jeff Russell, Russell Realty Company
- Mark Vittardi, Century21 DePiero & Associates
“I am proud to welcome the members joining our Board of Directors in 2019,” said Judy Gorbett Darwall, President-Elect of ACAR. “Together we will shape the direction of our organization into the next year and beyond, using the Strategic Plan as our guide.”
Also announced were the 2018 REALTOR® of the Year as well as the winners of several annual awards.
This year’s award winners are:
- REALTOR® of the Year: Lydia Pope, E & D Realty
- J. Howard Battle Equal Opportunity in Housing Award: Lionel Lewis, A. J. Lewis & Associates
- Affiliate of the Year: Val Tocci, Guardian Title & Guaranty
- Young Professional Award: Jeff Russell, Russell Realty Company
- Good Neighbor Award: Howard Lichtig, CBRE
Pictured: Lydia Pope, left, with 2018 ACAR President Karen O’Donnell
“In over 20 years, I have never received an award for real estate,” said Pope. “I have received other honors. It feels wonderful to be acknowledged for the work I do as a professional.”
ACAR members also voted to approve changes to the ACAR bylaws; bylaws previously stated that the Annual Meeting would be held once yearly in October, and this was changed to allow ACAR to schedule the meeting once yearly at a time and place approved by the Board of Directors.