Several of the classes offered each year at ACAR are eligible for the Harold L. Klarreich Scholarship Professional Program Award. You can be reimbursed for select class fees upon completion of the class. The Harold L. Klarreich Scholarship Foundation was created to encourage and aid the study of real estate.
1) Applicant must be a REALTOR® member of the Akron Cleveland Association of REALTORS® in good standing for at least two (2) years.
2) Preference will be given to applicants who are active on an ACAR Committee and/or demonstrate Association involvement.
3) The decision of the Scholarship Trustees shall be based upon the applicant meeting the established criteria. If the Trustees deem necessary, applicants may be interviewed.
4) The Scholarship is available for the final class necessary to achieve the designation sought. Reimbursement shall be in the amount equal to the tuition of the class but shall not exceed five hundred dollars ($500). Additional costs incurred by the applicant for late registration fees will not be included in the award.
5) Scholarships are available only toward courses that are required for a professional designations/certifications recognized by NAR or approved by the Board of Directors such as Certified Negotiation Expert.®. A list of those designations/certifications are available through The Akron Cleveland Association of REALTORS®.
6) Receipt of payment is required to accompany the application.
7) Proof of the earned designation or certification is required.
8) Young Professional of the Year recipients (up to three year), the REALTOR® of the Year, and the Commercial REALTOR® of the Year may each receive a scholarship up to $300 toward NAR recognized designations/certifications or other designation class held at the Association office that is not a NAR approved designation or class such as CNE.
9) ACAR members participating in the OR Leadership Academy may apply for the full application fee. ACAR participants must complete the Leadership Academy training and graduate to receive reimbursement.
10) ACAR Tomorrow’s Leader Today (TLT) participant may apply for reimbursement of hotel expenses up to $150 per night for three nights. The TLT must attend at least one C.E. class held at the OR Convention and must attend all TLT activities. Hotel receipt and proof of attendance must be submitted.
Verify that the class you are selecting is eligible by contacting Therese Covell at firstname.lastname@example.org.